The Service-Learning Program (SLP) is currently accepting applications for scholarships to fund IU-Bloomington students who are participating in service-learning courses or service related activities that require domestic or international travel for service-learning projects. Scholarships for domestic travel are available in the amount of $250 and scholarships for international travel are available in the amount of $500.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Application must be received by 5:00 pm on each deadline day for both spring and summer semester scholarships.
- Funding is contingent on the student meeting all eligibility criteria and completing the service-learning project.
- Scholarship will be applied to the student’s Bursar account. If the student has an outstanding balance due on their account, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount owed by the student.
- Scholarship recipients will document their experience upon their return through a 2-page reflective piece, including at least one photo image showing the service site. The reflection and photos may be used in promotional materials. Recipients may also be invited to present at the service-learning showcase in the spring.
- If the student is unable to travel or withdraws from the service-learning course the scholarship award must be repaid in full by the student.
Applications should be submitted electronically, using the PDF form available on this page, and should address the following:
- Why you choose this course or activity.
- What you hope to learn as a result of the service experience.
- How the service experience in this course relates to your academic and personal goals.
- How you will use this scholarship to support the service experience.
In addition to these responses, please include:
- A letter of recommendation.
- Proof of enrollment in the service-learning course for which the travel award will be used.
- Full-time student status in the semester for which you are applying
- Enrolled in a credit-bearing service-learning course on the IUB campus