What is Zoom?
Zoom is a web conferencing and collaboration tool available to all Indiana University students, faculty, and staff. Anyone with the meeting URL can attend your Zoom meeting and these meetings can be recorded. Zoom provides high-quality audio and video, screen-sharing, annotation tools, breakout rooms, whiteboard tools, and many other tools that facilitate collaboration.
How can Zoom be used to support teaching and learning?
Zoom can be used to:
- Connect to a guest speaker during class
- hold virtual office hours
- support peer tutoring
- hold class even if the instructor is out of town
- support student group work
- deliver and evaluate student presentations