Teaching should be viewed as a scholarly activity to be valued as community property. As such, faculty are encouraged to systematically analyze evidence of student learning, situate their work within existing literature, collaborate with other faculty both within or across disciplines, and contribute to the body of knowledge about teaching and learning by dissemination of their research findings through appropriate, and often times innovative means.
In an effort to support our mission, the SoTL program strives to:
- Raise awareness of SoTL as a scholarly activity;
- Bring visibility to SoTL scholars at IUB;
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty interested in growing their SoTL skills;
- Provide professional development opportunities for faculty to engage in conversations around SoTL;
- Foster connections between faculty interested in SoTL at IUB; and
- Connect faculty to resources to engage in their own SoTL work.