Spring 2021 Associate Instructor Orientation and Classroom Climate Workshops
We’re occasionally asked if we offer a day-long Spring Associate Instructor (AI) Orientation or Classroom Climate Workshop. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the staff to implement programming that matches our fall orientation offerings. However, this year, we’re offering a series of webinars in January, that will introduce graduate student instructors to some foundational skills for teaching. Please keep in mind, that all graduate student instructors should attend the fall Classroom Climate Workshop series, so to fulfill requirements established by the Bloomington Faculty Council. It is up to each department whether or not to make AI Orientation mandatory or not.
Programming that is similar to AI Orientation
(To fulfill, GTAP Associate Requirement 1, you must attend one of these events.)
- Core Canvas Tools for your Online Class. Thursday, January 7th, 2 - 3 PM.
- Online Course Support - An Introduction for Teaching Assistants and Support Staff. Wednesday, January 13th, 10 – 11:15 AM.
- Zoom Alchemy: Active Learning in the Virtual Classroom. Wednesday, January 13th, 12 – 1 PM.
- Using Zoom Breakout Rooms Effectively. Friday, January 15th, 10 – 11:15 AM.
- Equity Challenges in Remote Teaching. Tuesday, January 26th, 10 – 11:30 AM.
If you are not able to attend one of these events, but still need to attend spring AI Orientation, contact Leslie Drane at email@example.com.
Programming that is similar to Classroom Climate Workshops
We offer recordings of the fall CCW events that students can use to fulfill these requirements. Links and instructions are at https://citl.indiana.edu/programs/ai-support/classroom-climate-workshop.html
- Individuals should view all Orientation Recordings and complete the accompanying Orientation Reflection Activity; and
- Individuals should complete one of the following workshop experiences:
- View the recording of Teaching for Equity, with Empathy and complete the Live Workshop Reflection Activity, the link to which is provided at the end of the video; or
- Attend Equity Challenges in Remote Teaching on 1/26; please contact us via email to verify participation.
We can provide documentation of completion upon a department’s request.