The Service-Learning Program will make final selections and announce them before the end of each semester. Funds will be disbursed to a Bursar account. For more information please contact Jess Tang.
The Service-Learning Program (SLP) is currently accepting applications for scholarships to fund IU-Bloomington students who are participating in service-learning courses or service related activities that require domestic or international travel for service-learning projects. Scholarships for domestic travel are available in the amount of $250 and scholarships for international travel are available in the amount of $500.
Please note that we are still navigating a pandemic, and the university is still operating with travel restrictions. International travel funds will only be distributed for trips that have been approved by the Study Abroad office; stay current on their guidance to students here. You may be asked to provide additional documentation of your travel plans to ensure compliance with travel restrictions.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Application must be received by 11:59 pm on each deadline day for both spring and summer semester scholarships.
- Funding is contingent on the student meeting all eligibility criteria and completing the service-learning project.
- Scholarship will be applied to the student’s Bursar account. If the student has an outstanding balance due on their account, the scholarship will be reduced by the amount owed by the student.
- Scholarship recipients will document their experience upon their return through a 2-page reflective piece, including at least one photo image showing the service site. The reflection and photos may be used in promotional materials.
- If the student is unable to travel or withdraws from the service-learning course the scholarship award must be repaid in full by the student.
Applications should be submitted electronically using the survey linked below and should address the following:
- Why you choose this course or activity.
- What you hope to learn as a result of the service experience.
- How the service experience in this course relates to your academic and personal goals.
- How you will use this scholarship to support the service experience.
- Enrolled in a credit-bearing service-learning course or participating in a service-related activity through the IUB campus