The Service-Learning Program at IUB welcomes nominations for our 2019-2020 Community-Engaged Learning Partnership Award. This award recognizes a course-based partnership between a faculty member and community partner that demonstrates an outstanding commitment to community-engaged learning and community engagement. A qualifying partnership demonstrates significant evidence of reciprocal benefits, to learning and the community partner.
- Showing that the structure of the partnership was suitable for rigorous student learning through service and meets a genuine need of the community partner;
- Evidence of the co-educational role of the community partner in course design;
- Faculty member demonstrating an impressive depth of understanding of the community partner issues, to enable making meaning from service.
Nominations will be welcome for community-engaged learning classes from all departments and schools at IUB.
Nominations should be for a community-engaged learning class offered during the 2019-2020 academic year. Nominations should include:
1) A nominating letter that identifies:
- The community-engaged learning course and semester, and a description of the partnership and service activity;
- How the partnership exemplifies the elements described above.
2) Statement of support from the community partner which identifies:
- The impact the service activity had on the community partner.
Please submit nominating letters to Michael Valliant, Director, Service-Learning Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for nominations is Friday, March 20, 2020.
The faculty and community partner recipients of the Community-Engaged Learning Partnership Award will be honored alongside the recipients of the Excellence in Community-Engaged Learning Student Awards and the ACE Award for Exceptional Facilitation of Community-Engaged Learning at the 3rd Annual Conference on Curricular Community Engaged Learning held on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Please send any questions to Michael Valliant, Director, Service-Learning Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, email@example.com