The Service-Learning Program at IUB welcomes nominations for our 2021-2022 Excellence in Community-Engaged Learning Student Award. This award recognizes five IUB students who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community-based learning and community engagement. Qualified students should have demonstrated significant academic growth and have made a meaningful contribution to their community partner.
- Exhibiting an impressive depth of understanding of the academic course material of the community-engaged learning class and demonstrating civic and personal growth as a result of the community-based learning experience;
- Demonstrating consistently high quality on-site service or completing a special project for an agency that successfully meets a genuine agency need;
- Showing a high level of responsibility and professionalism.
Faculty nominations will be welcome for students in community-engaged learning classes from all departments and schools at IUB.
Nominations should be for students in a community-engaged learning class offered during the 2021-2022 academic year. Nominations should include:
1) A nominating letter that identifies:
- The community-engaged learning course and semester in which the student was enrolled and describe the student’s service activity and its relationship;
- How the community-engaged learning experience shaped the student’s personal, professional, and academic development.
2) Statement of support from the community partner that identifies:
- The impact the service activity had on the community partner.
Please send any questions to Michael Valliant, Director, Service-Learning Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for nominations is Friday, April 22, 2022.