The Service-Learning Program at IUB welcomes nominations for our 2018-2019 Excellence in Community-Engaged Learning Student Award. This award recognizes five IUB students who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community-based learning and community engagement. Qualified students should have demonstrated significant academic growth and have made a meaningful contribution to their community partner.
- Exhibiting an impressive depth of understanding of the academic course material of the community-engaged learning class and demonstrating civic and personal growth as a result of the community-based learning experience;
- Demonstrating consistently high quality on-site service or completing a special project for an agency that successfully meets a genuine agency need;
- Showing a high level of responsibility and professionalism.
Faculty nominations will be welcome for students in community-engaged learning classes from all departments and schools at IUB.
Nominations should be for students in a community-engaged learning class offered during the 2018-2019 academic year. Nominations should include:
1) A nominating letter that identifies:
- The community-engaged learning course and semester in which the student was enrolled and describe the student’s service activity and its relationship;
- How the community-engaged learning experience shaped the student’s personal, professional, and academic development.
2) Statement of support from the community partner that identifies:
- The impact the service activity had on the community partner.
Please submit nominating letters to Michael Valliant, Director, Service-Learning Program, Indiana University, Bloomington, email@example.com. Deadline for nominations is Friday, April 12, 2019.
The five recipients of the Excellence in Community-Engaged Learning Student Award will be honored alongside the faculty and community partner recipients of the Community-Engaged Learning Partnership Award and the ACE Award for Exceptional Facilitation of Community-Engaged Learning at the 2nd Annual Conference on Curricular Community Engaged Learning held on Thursday, April 26, 2019.