Sponsored by the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, events are open to all faculty, staff and students of Indiana University, and to the public as well. Advanced registration is kindly requested, but not required. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 855-9023.
- Student Predictions, Mental Models and Need for Complex Problem Solving in the 21st Century. Mark Guzdial, Georgia Institute of Technology (9/29/17)
- Specifications Grading: Restoring Rigor, Motivating Students, and Saving Faculty Time. Linda B. Nilson, Clemson University (9/15/17).
- Stereotype and Prejudice in Academia. Mary Murphy, Indiana University (9/13/17).
- Creating and Managing Effective Student Teams. Matthew Ohland, Purdue University (4/21/17).
- Helping International and Multilingual Students Become Better Writers. Michelle Cox, Cornell University (4/7/17).
- For Graduate Students: MicroTeaching: An Event in Teaching Practice. Katherine Kearns and Leslie Drane (4/6/17).
- Moving beyond Misconceptions: The Influence of Motivated Reasoning on Learning. Gary Smith, University of New Mexico School of Medicine (2/17/17).
- Self-Regulated Learning: Active Learning on the Inside. Linda B. Nilson, Clemson University (11/18/16).
- SOTL Reading Group: Creating Self-Regulated Learners: Strategies to Strengthen Students' Self-Awareness and Learning Skills, by Linda B. Nilson. Reading group met in September, October, and November.
- Switching Perspectives and Encouraging Intellectual Diversity: Moving Students Beyond the “Me”. Arlene Díaz (9/16/16).