Sponsored by the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, events are open to all faculty, staff and students of Indiana University, and to the public as well. Advanced registration is kindly requested, but not required. Contact: email@example.com or (812) 855-9023.
- Creating and Managing Effective Student Teams. Matthew Ohland, Purdue University (4/21/17).
- Helping International and Multilingual Students Become Better Writers. Michelle Cox, Cornell University (4/7/17).
- For Graduate Students: MicroTeaching: An Event in Teaching Practice. Katherine Kearns and Leslie Drane (4/6/17).
- Moving beyond Misconceptions: The Influence of Motivated Reasoning on Learning. Gary Smith, University of New Mexico School of Medicine (2/17/17).
- Self-Regulated Learning: Active Learning on the Inside. Linda B. Nelson, Clemson University (11/18/16).
- SOTL Reading Group: Creating Self-Regulated Learners: Strategies to Strengthen Students' Self-Awareness and Learning Skills, by Linda B. Nilson, Clemson University
- Switching Perspectives and Encouraging Intellectual Diversity: Moving Students Beyond the “Me”. Arlene Díaz (9/16/16).
- What Matters in Life Should Matter in College. Christopher Uhl, Penn State University (4/15/16).
- Why Won’t They Talk? Using Discussion to Facilitate Learning. Jay Howard, Butler University (2/26/16).
- Improving Student Achievement in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math: Evidence-based Strategies that Work. Mark Graham, Yale University (2/11/16).
- Reading Group: Teaching as if Life Matters
- The Scholarship of Teaching, Learning and Student Success: Results from IUB’S Student Learning Analytics Fellows. Workshop with our 2015 SLA Fellows (11/19/15).
- Talking With Strangers: The Ethical Dimensions of Writing Assignments. John Duffy, University of Notre Dame (10/29/15).
- Guiding Students beyond Linear Thinking: The Learning in Networks of Knowledge (LINK) Project. Ali Erkan, Michael Smith, Eric Lam and Joe Rodriguez, Ithaca College (4/9/15).
- Integrative Learning: Teaching for Transfer Across the Disciplines. Rebecca Nowacek, Marquette University (2/20/15).
- SoTL Principles and High-Impact Practices: A Partnership that Extends the Conversation. Nancy Chick, Vanderbilt University (9/19/14).
- Leveraging Undergraduate Research for Scholarship and Teaching. Peter Felten and Paul Miller, Elon University (11/13/14).
- Illuminating the Generative Role of "the Personal Why" in SOTL Research. Linda Shadiow, Northern Arizona University (1/23/14).
- What Our Stories Teach Us: A Guide to Critical Reflection for College Faculty, by Linda Shadiow. Reading group met in January, February, and March.
- Engaging Ideas: The Professor's Guide to Integrating Writing, Critical Thinking, and Active Learning in the Classroom, by John Bean. Reading group met in December, January, and February.
- Expert Insider Prose: Teaching Disciplinary Arguments and Information Fluency across the Curriculum. John Bean, Seattle University (2/20/14).
- Beyond Surface Learning: Teaching with Clickers to Motivate and Engage Students. Derek Bruff, Vanderbilt University (4/7/14).
- Sketchnotes in the Classroom: A More Visual Approach to Notetaking. Derek Bruff, Vanderbilt University (4/8/2014).