Application Deadline: February 15, 2013
The Service-Learning Program at the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) would like to invite you to apply to be a 2013-14 Service-Learning Faculty Fellow. SL Faculty Fellows will be part of a learning community that explores issues related to service-learning and community-based research and will also serve as a resource for other instructors considering adopting a service-learning pedagogy or developing a community-based research design.
- Six faculty on the Bloomington campus will be chosen as SL Faculty Fellows for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Fellows can be either seasoned service-learning instructors/community-based researchers or exploring the possibility of developing a service-learning component/ community-based research project.
- Fellows will be part of a seminar to discuss common readings, local issues, curriculum development, and research design. Meetings will take place three times during the fall semester and three during the spring semester—the first meeting will be in early September (date to be determined on availability of selected Fellows). Meeting locations will vary; some may be held at local non-profit agencies. A variety of topics relevant to service-learning and community-based research will be explored.
- Each fellow will receive a $1,000 award paid to their research account at the completion of the fellowship year.
Application deadline: February 15, 2013 (application details are below). If you have any questions, please contact: Nicole Schönemann, CITL Service-Learning Program Director at (812) 855-7849, email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted electronically or in print and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- In no more than two pages, please describe:
- your interest and experience with service-learning and/or community-based research;
- how you anticipate this fellowship will have an impact on your teaching and/or research; and
- how you intend to raise the visibility of service-learning in your department as a result of this fellowship.
Please submit your application by February 15, 2013 to: Nicole Schönemann, CITL Service-Learning Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wells Library E-250.